Thank you for your interest in Substitute Teaching at Hempstead ISD.
To be considered for a substitute teacher position, all applicants must complete and return the following documents which are included in the Substitute Application:
- Employment Application for Substitute Teachers
- Consent to Perform Investigative Consumer Report
- Public Access Information Option Form
- Notice Regarding Asbestos and Pest Control
- Workers’ Compensation Election Form
- Notice Regrading Drug Free Schools
- Notice of Reasonable Assurance
- Demographic Data Sheet
- PEIMS Data Standards
- DPS Computerized Criminal History (CCH) Verification
- Direct Deposit Agreement Form
In addition, all applicants must submit the following credentials:
- A Copy of your High School Diploma or GED (if not degreed)
- Official college transcripts showing degrees earned, if applicable
- Copies of all teaching and professional certifications or licenses, if applicable
- Fingerprinting receipt as required by Senate Bill 9
- Social Security Card
- Valid Driver’s License
- Certificates of Completion for General Substitute Teaching and Bloodborne Pathogens Courses
Process to become an Approved Substitute
- Applicant must complete the Substitute Application and submit the Required Documents.
- Applicant must complete the General Substitute Teaching and Bloodborne Pathogens courses online through Eduhero.
- Please go to the Eduhero Website at https://eduhero.net/promo.php , create a free account.
- Once account has been set up, send an email to MaBisha Stubblefield at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the account has been set-up and include the email address used to login into eduhero.
- Subscriptions will be sent to give you access to complete the General Substitute Teaching and Bloodborne Pathogens courses.
- Courses must be passed with a 70 or above to continue to the Substitution Process.
- Email certificates to MaBisha Stubblefield at email@example.com.
- Applicant must be fingerprinted. Substitutes who are required to be fingerprinted will fall into two categories: Certified and Non-Certified.
- Certified Substitutes: Certified Substitutes: If a substitute is certified (this includes active or inactive certifications / permits issued by SBEC), they will responsible for accessing their SBEC account (at www.sbec.state.tx.us …on the right side of the web page is ‘Educator Log-in’) and access your own Fast Fingerprinting Pass (this is the pass you will need to print and present to the fingerprint company in order to be fingerprinted). It is crucial that your first and last name on your SBEC account match your driver’s license because you will be asked for your driver’s license and Fast Pass at the fingerprint site and the names must match to continue the process. Cost will be $52.20 (certified Subs have the option to pay $42.25 online with SBEC using a credit card and $9.95 to L1 at the time of the fingerprinting appointment).
- Non-Certified Substitutes: If a substitute is not certified by SBEC, their Fast Fingerprinting Pass (this is the pass you will need to present to the fingerprint company in order to be fingerprinted) will be sent to the Human Resources (HR) office at Hempstead ISD. The HR office will provide your FAST Pass within two (2) weeks after completion of courses in Eduhero. You will be contacted so that you can pick up the Fast Pass at the administration office or request it be emailed to you. The fee for fingerprinting is $50.20, and the non-certified substitute will be responsible for paying this fee at the fingerprint site with a check or money order.
- Applicant MUST register to attend a District Substitute Orientation Meeting by Contacting Human Resources at 979-826-3304 x238 or x234. Substitute Orientations will be held on the 3rd, Thursday of each month.
- Once this process is complete, all required documents are on file, and you have cleared the final DPS Computerized Criminal History Verification, you will receive a Welcome Email with login instructions for SmartFind Express, which is the Automated Sub-Finder System for the District.
- You may now begin accepting substitute assignments.